We are distributing five
$500 Artist Awards in 2022.
We want to help
Here at Surfing Madonna Oceans Project, we’re committed to investing in our community through promoting the arts. Our Artist Awards Program is created to help the financial struggles the pandemic has caused our creative community.
We are especially concerned about the effect on under served communities. We don't want those creative voices silenced due to financial hardship.
We don't want to make this too difficult, we just want to help the folks who most need it.
To apply please send:
• Five examples of your work.
Please keep the email under 8MG or send in several batches.
Use good quality photos of your work.
• The funds for this award are directed to provide support for underserved communities. Please address that aspect in your request.
• A description of where you are headed with your art (some examples may be: why you are an artist, your message, who you hope to inspire or reach with your art, your art career direction, what you hope to accomplish)
• Photo of you with your work to use on our social media to promote the awards to other artists
• Link to your website
• How $500 is going to help you
achieve those goals
• Must be a city or county resident of San Diego, CA.
The First Artist Award Winner -
North Coastal Art Gallery (NCAG)
Supporting Artists in North San Diego County with Programming
We have chosen the first award winner of the Surfing Madonna $500 Artists Award.
We chose the North Coastal Art Gallery for their commitment to artists with shows, demos and student scholarships. We want to help support them from the difficulties the pandemic caused their funding and sales at the gallery. We believe in their Mission Statement and understand this area of San Diego needs a dedicated group contributing to cultural experiences for the community.
Help support them by visiting the gallery, joining the membership and support the arts!
North Coastal Art Gallery Mission Statement
The North Coastal Art Gallery (NCAG) is a non-profit organization founded to promote art education and the cultural appreciation of fine art in the community. The purpose shall be supported, as funding allows, by demonstrations, student scholarships, outdoor displays, exhibitions, commercial displays, miscellaneous cultural tours, and a main gallery.
Visit the Gallery:
300 Carlsbad Village Drive, Suite 101
Carlsbad, California 92008
Gallery Hours: (admission is free)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm
P.S.T. Friday & Saturday: 11 am - 5 pm
D.S.T. Friday & Saturday: 11 am - 8 pm